Using RTnet to communicate with regular UDP socket

李冰 bingli at mail.sdu.edu.cn
Mon Mar 11 17:20:25 CET 2019

Hi everyone:
    I am using xenomai + RTnet in Ubuntu,Xenomai version 3.0.5 Linux kernal version 4.9.38. And the ethernet card is Intel e1000.

    I'm going to use RTnet to communicate with regular UDP socket like a socket in raw Linux . I need to implement two way communication between Xenomai and another device witch is using regular UDP socket.  In other words, RTnet socket in Xenomai should sent datagram to the regular UDP socket . If the regular UDP protocol can decode the rt-udp datagram and get right data?  Besides, RTnet socket in Xenomai should also receive datagram from regular UDP protocol, so if the rt-udp in Xenomai can decode the regular UDP datagram?
    Thanks for everyone who spend time to give me some help!