Mixing cobalt and alchemy?

Richard Weinberger richard.weinberger at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 10:59:23 CET 2019

Hi!

I have a Xenomai 2.6 application which makes heavy usage of
rt_dev_ioctl() and shadow threads
with rt_task_shadow().

If I understand the new Xenomai 3 API correctly, rt_dev_ioctl() for
userspace is gone and the cobalt wrappers should be used such that
plain ioctl() calls will be routed through libcobalt.
What I don't fully understand is how to mix these with the alchemy
skin such that the application can use rt_task_shadow() and friends
because the cobalt wrapper also wraps pthread_create().
The application simply does not fully fit in either cobalt nor alchemy skins.

Is it legal to modify lib/cobalt/cobalt.wrappers to wrap only read/close/ioctl?
Or can I directly issue cobalt syscalls from the application?

--
Thanks,
//richard