kernel compile problem

Jan Kiszka jan.kiszka at siemens.com
Fri Mar 1 09:50:04 CET 2019

On 01.03.19 07:46, C Smith via Xenomai wrote:
> I am unable to compile a xenomai-patched kernel. I get this message:
> warning: (XENOMAI) selects IPIPE which has unmet direct dependencies
> (HAVE_IPIPE_SUPPORT)
>
> kernel sources from kernel.org: 4.14.89
> with ipipe-core-4.14.89-x86-2.patch applied
> gcc version 4.9.2 20150212
>
> I have attached my .config here. My apologies if it gets inlined.
> This config came from a working xenomai 2.6.5, 3.18.20 kernel.

Try building a 64-bit kernel instead. We no longer test 32-bit (like most
projects), but we do support compat mode (32-bit userland on top of 64-bit kernel).

Also check the warnings regarding potential latency sources that menuconfig
displays and disable CONFIG_COMPACTION and CONFIG_SCHED_MC_PRIO ... ->
ACPI_PROCESSOR.