[Xenomai] Raw Ethernet socket in Xenomai 3.0.3

Ed Hannigan edphannigan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 20:58:15 CET 2017

I have a Xenomai 2.6.1 userspace app that uses RTNet 0.9.13 and I can
send/receive raw Ethernet packets with calls rt_dev_send and rt_dev_recv.

I am trying to migrate to Xenomai 3.0.3 but receiving a negative error
code from the following line:

s = rt_dev_socket(AF_PACKET, SOCK_RAW, MY_PROTOCOL);

rtifconfig shows rteth0 as UP and receives packets so my
8139 works.  The eth_p_all demo appears to only show packets received
from non-realtime cards.  Looking on the web I've seen that maybe I should
use rtdm_socket, rtdm_send, etc.  If I try doing this then I run into linker
errors with the Cobalt core.  I need help with setup and sending/receiving
of raw Ethernet packets from in user-space.  Thanks. -Ed