[Xenomai] [ANNOUNCE] Xenomai 3.0-rc1

Philippe Gerum rpm at xenomai.org
Sun Oct 5 21:01:49 CEST 2014

We are pleased to announce the official release of Xenomai 3.0-rc1,
which starts the candidate release cycle for Xenomai 3.

Xenomai 3 is the new architecture of our real-time framework,
which can run its APIs side-by-side with Linux as a co-kernel system
delivering very low latencies, or natively over unmodified Linux
kernels. In the latter case, the mainline kernel can be supplemented by
the preempt-rt patch to meet stricter real-time requirements.

The dual kernel configuration is currently supported over arm 32bit,
powerpc32, powerpc64, x86_32, x86_64 and blackfin, with a port to
aarch64 planned on Q1-2015. The single/native kernel configuration runs
on any CPU architecture Linux supports.

= What's new in Xenomai 3?

http://xenomai.org/introducing-xenomai-3/

= How to migrate from Xenomai 2.x?

http://xenomai.org/migrating-from-xenomai-2-x-to-3-x/

= Where is the code?

http://git.xenomai.org/xenomai-3.git/
http://download.gna.org/xenomai/testing/latest/xenomai-3.0-rc1.tar.bz2

Thanks to all Xenomai contributors, and to the companies who made this
possible, mainly by directly funding the development of some of the
Xenomai 3 features, or giving access to the latest hardware.