[Xenomai] EINTR in notifier.c (mercury)

Matthias Schneider ma30002000 at yahoo.de
Mon Mar 31 12:34:45 CEST 2014

Hi all,

still working on thread suspension in mercury, I noticed that some

threadobj_suspend() and threadobj_resume() calls seemed not to have the desired

effect. Analyzing the issue, I found out that sometimes the read operations on
the pipe in notifier_wait() seem to return with EINTR, especially in
heavily loaded systems. Restarting the read system call in that case made
thread suspension a lot more reliable in my case.

I have attached a patch adding loops to deal with the EINTR situation in all

read and write operations of notifier.c.

Regards,
Matthias