[Xenomai] IRQ Handler latency

Gilles Chanteperdrix gilles.chanteperdrix at xenomai.org
Sat Mar 29 14:35:17 CET 2014

Le 29/03/2014 00:41, Newell Jensen a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I have successfully created an RTDM driver that uses the EPIT timer on the
> i.mx6dl-sabresd board.  The reason I created this driver is I wanted to see
> what the hard interrupt latency is using Xenomai.
>
> AFAIK, I am using the RTDM skin in the proper way.  However, I wanted to
> run my code by the experts (you guys), to see if there is any improvements
> that I can make.
>
> Here is a link to my code:  http://pastebin.com/TFWLq9mq

Also, the code measuring latency seems all wrong. Debugging this looks
like a waste of time:
- we provide the latency test, which we hope is reasonably debugged, so
duplicating the effort is a waste of (our) time;
- from the code, I would guess the EPIT runs at 6 MHz, whereas the
cortex A9 has timers running at 400 or 500 MHz, which results in lower
latencies for accessing their registers.