[Xenomai] process behaviour when running xenomai

Huub Van Niekerk huubvanniekerk at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 7 20:48:26 CET 2014

On Friday, March 7, 2014 5:33 PM, Gilles Chanteperdrix <gilles.chanteperdrix at xenomai.org> wrote:

On 03/06/2014 10:46 AM, Huub Van Niekerk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm running Xenomai 2.6.3 with kernel 3.10.18 now on BeagleBoard-Xm
> Rev. C and experience this behaviour: when I try to install packages
> from commandline, the installation manager starts quick and reads the
> package(s), but after that it stays dead quiet like it's frozen. ps
> -ef shows it's just going on, no defunc or anything like that. Also,
> when I want to watch the processes using top, it starts, but nothing
> shows. When I want to end it, Ctl-C gives no response giving me no
> other option than to use kill. Is this a known behaviour when running
> Xenomai ?

>Does the access to SD-card work fine? BeagleBone users have reported an
>issue with the OMAP SD card controller fixed in the 3.12 kernel by this
>patch:

>http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=7472bab236bdee1173412585591329e718f4d324

>Patching the kernel with Xenomai made the bug more likely to happen.

Don't know if it has anything to do with it, but quite a few write actions seem to end in stalling. But so do other actions, like sudo. Via another ssh session, I can then see what's happening and either kill the action or let it go on. Quite annoying and causes a lot of delay in waiting and then see if something is still getting on.