[Xenomai] access SPI and DMA hardware from application ("external abort...")

Reitinger, Peter preitinger at carl-valentin.de
Fri Aug 15 08:47:30 CEST 2014

Hello,

meanwhile I have solved the issue on my own. I tried to access the SPI1 HW with traditional mmap approach from user space and had the same problem until I saw that I had to start the whole SPI1 module by setting a specific control bit to enable its clock. Sorry for posting this, but I was really puzzled then. I guess it will also be possible to access the hw registers of the SPI with the xenomai rtdm io user mapping now...

Kind regards,
Peter Reitinger