[Xenomai] Parallel Computing?

Yogi A. Patel yapatel at gatech.edu
Tue Aug 12 20:56:21 CEST 2014

Hi -

I am interested in using Xenomai with multiple cores. When I run “cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep “model name” I see that there are two CPUs listed.

My system using data acquisition from a NI DAQ (using ANALOGY driver), processes it with some model, and then provides some output through the NI DAQ.

I would like to make the system faster (both real-time and computation) by off loading the acquisition and data processing parts to one CPU and then letting the user interactions and the GUI (Qt-based) processed by the other CPU.

Is this possible? If so, any examples on how to do this?

Yogi